Monday, June 21, 2010

Orientation and the excitement of it all.

On Friday, I attended the EF Orientation Meeting, for all the exchange students in New Zealand who are departing in the July / August semester.

Although, like myself, the majority of students are going to the United States, there are others who are going to Costa Rico, France, Canada, Germany and even Hong Kong.

The meeting was really good. We learnt more intensively about our destination countries, host familys, the do's and do not's and even what to pack. The time just seemed to go by so quickly! We even got to meet past exchange students and listen to some of their stories.

There were between 25 - 35 other students there, all as excited and nervous as me. It was great to finally talk to people who are in the same situation as me, because I'm sure many, if not all, of my school friends are getting sick of me talking about my exchange. I also found out one of the girls, Alannah, is going to Iowa with me! Even if she is going to be in Oxford, around a four hour drive from Emmetsburg.

I had a great time, making many wonderful friends, some of who I'll catch the plane with, and others whose trips I'll get to hear about when I get back.

In other exciting happenings; the date's finally been settled. After some confusion about the camp dates, my departure date is definitely the 21st of July. Only a month from today!

With only two weeks left of school, working and wanting to spend time with all of my friends before I leave, I'm certainly seeing how little time that actually is. Not to get too technical, but there's around 700 hours left. And I've got to sleep too!

That's all for tonight.

Send my love to the dancefloor,
Nicole :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi! Thanks :D
I'm also going to the camp at Bryant! Maybe we'll meet!