Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Week!

With only one week to go before my departure, I'm getting super excited!

Yesterday I received my flight confirmation and after a 12 hour flight to LAX from Auckland Airport, my journey looks like the picture to your right.

With Green A being LA Airport where I arrive at 6.30am on the 21st of July, B being Charlotte, North Carolina, where I arrive at 7.06pm and C being Providence, Rhode Island where I arrive at 9.44pm to then journey to Bryant University Camp.

The Red A is Emmetsburg, Iowa, and I have yet to receive my flights from Bryant to my host family. But for someone who's never been to the United States, I sure am going to be seeing a lot of it, from the plane window anyway.

As my room gets tidier by the second and I am thinking about what to take and what not to take, I'm realising how much of a reality this all is becoming.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to my Mum for everything she's been doing recently. From helping me clean my room, letting me see a ridiculous amount of my friends (especially when I was hardly home last week), paying for my trip and trying not to groan each time we recieved a bill in the mail. You're amazing. I'm going to miss you a huge amount.

That's all for now, you may or may not get another post from me before my departure, so if not "Bis Bald!"
(Google Translator says that means Seeya Soon in German)



"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr Seuss

2 comments:

Maja Emilie said...

SV: Really? Where and when are you going? :-)

Nicole said...

I'm going to Emmetsburg, Iowa and I leave on the 21st (arrive in America on the 21st) and I'm going on the Bryant Culture Camp :D