Friday, September 17, 2010

Uneventful Doings

Pete, Myself, Brittany, Veronika and Chris..
All exchange students except Brittany.
The past week and a bit has been rather uneventful to be completely honest. So I'll explain a bit about school..


So far it's been really good. Most of my grades are really good, except Psychology where I got a couple of Ds in tests, so my overall grade is a C :( But other than that I have an A in Government, a B in US History and I haven't got any other grades yet. 


I got a B on my first US History test, and I have another on Monday, I just had another American Government test where I only got one wrong and on Monday also I have a psychology test that hopefully I'll do better in. Other than that everyone in my classes are really nice, P.E isn't even that bad. 


Making a "The Foreign Exchange Students Love Me" shirt.
We made one for Brittany and Jake.
The overall grade here is completely different than in New Zealand, in most classes we have a test every other day that contributes to our overall grade. In US History and Psychology we have a test everyday, while in Human Relations, which is a much easier class, I've only had to hand in one essay. In Advanced Business Technology I've handed in one assignment, an about me video, and on Monday I have to hand in another assignment, an animation with quotes. We've done a couple of assignments in Critical Thinking but nothing has been put in the grade book (or online) yet.


Cille and I, an old photo from camp :)
Next week is Homecoming, which will be heaps of fun! Firstly during the week we have theme days, on Monday we have homeroom color day (our color is white which is quite easy), Tuesday is Cowboy and Cowgirl day, Wednesday is homeroom tshirt day (every homeroom gets tshirts printed, our homeroom is Fastert's Flames.. Our teachers name is Mrs Fastert), Thursday is Superhero day and Friday is black and gold day to support the E-Hawks. On Thursday evening there's a parade, Veronika, Pete and I are riding in a car because we're the exchange students. The football players ride on a firetruck and there are other floats. There's also a really pumped up game against the Wolverines, we'll all be decorating the windows and halls of the school to get into the school spirit. 


Tomorrow, Veronika and I are going with Brittany to the Spencer fair and then we're staying the night at her friends place in Spencer. We'll also go to Wal-Mart. I like Wal-Mart, it's just exciting. 


2 comments:

Debbie Lamb said...

Wow - so many tests. No time for slacking aye. Next week will be fun. Do you still have lessons as usual too? Have a good day hun xxx

Nicole said...

Yeah, we still have lessons but we have more activities and such after school :)