Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A week of school already..

What an eventful week that has just passed. 


Firstly, as you know I started school ! The first day felt so stressful, because there is so much jammed into a day. I have eight class periods, homeroom and lunch. Thankfully I was able to open my locker, but it took me quite a while so I didn't know how I was meant to go to it during class. When the day finally ended I was exhausted. I decided to move into Advanced Business Technology from Practical English and I wasn't put into American Literature, but it's okay, I've moved into American Government, as well as taking US History, Critical Thinking, Human Relations, P.E and Concert Choir. 


This week has been a lot better, I know where all my classes are and I can go to my locker in between classes too. I've also been getting quite a bit of homework too, it's extra hard in American History cause before now I had no idea about the history of America. It's good to know their government is reliable though. I'm also getting used to overusing z's. Seriously, way more z's are in words in "American English". 


On Saturday, Veronika and I went with Linda to the Western Iowa EF meeting. There were just under 30 exchange students there, along with other IECs and some of their host families. It was really fun. We went to the Grotto of Redemption. In short, it's a bunch of rocks and crystals making up a multilevel building-like structure. The largest in the world. It was exciting. 


In other news, there's another exchange student coming to EHS ! It's exciting. It all started when Jake asked his Mom if they could host an exchange student, since under 100 students still hadn't been found families and the cut off date was Sunday. And after a bit, they decided to become a host family ! So Pete, an exchange student from Thailand is coming to EHS in the next few days. 


That's about all for now, in the next few days hopefully I'll write some things about my subjects, but all are going well at the moment.


Keep Smiling (:



No comments: