Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Results from Home

I passed my Level 2 Media Studies Short Film.
Super yay ! 


Even though I thought the final project was totally lame, I had my fingers and toes crossed that all the work I had done would pay off. And it did! I got Achieved for both parts, which is fine because it's a pass. 


For those interested, my teacher emailed me my feedback which is bellow in Italics. 


That's all for now, 
School tomorrow (:


You've got achieved for both standards - well done, you. Pretty impressive when you had to go it alone with such a small time-frame.



AS90765 Achievement - 6 credits 
Clearly structured storyline with a kick at the end. You maintain appropriate tone and angle throughout. Cutting some of the repetitions out would have been useful because it tends to lag a bit and this would have made it more snappy. Design is thoroughly planned to brief and storyboard adjusted to reflect changes. Shots are limited in range and there is a problem with gaps/unevenness in sound, which needed more work. Lighting generally effective. A solid piece of work, Nicole, held back from being polished through the sound and repetition - but it is impressive that you got it done in the timeframe you had.

AS90282 Achievement- 3 credits
Camerawork is steady, well focused. Shots are straightforward in composition. Dialogue is clear but there are problems with the sound which further editing could have eliminated. Sound is straightforward - some effects but not complex mixing. Pace and rhythm is maintained - tighter editing would have lifted mark. Definitely competent use of technology and could have been lifted had you had more time. You did well in the time you had, Nicole.

1 comment:

Debbie Lamb said...

That's awesome honey!! Well done you (as your teacher said). I know you were struggling to fit everything in before you left, but it's certainly paid off for you :) xxx