Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's all fun and games until someone throws up.

With only two days left until I start school, I'm enjoying the last of my holidays. 

Ready to enter the fair complete with our excited faces.
So as I'd previously said I went to Des Moines to do some shopping and go to the fair. It was very nice. I bought a pair of jeans, a couple of t-shirts, sunglasses (mine went walk abouts at camp) and a belt. Although short timed, the shopping trip was nice. I can now say I'm well set for school. 

The next day, we went to the Iowa State Fair, which apparently is the largest fair in America. That's exciting ! There were so many different food stalls, selling things from Corn Dogs to Cotton Candy and Funnel Cake. Veronika and I halved a funnel cake, it was batter funneled onto a plate with icing sugar on top. It was so yum, but I definitely couldn't have eaten it by myself ! We explored the fair for a while and went on a ride, though it was pretty tame. It was way too hot though, and since we arrived at 9.30am it felt like we'd been there all day when infact we were home by 2pm.

Showing some pre-season football spirit.
Friday was also an exciting day. A couple of Anna's friends came over and all seven of us went to the Mexican restaurant for lunch which was fun and very entertaining. That evening, Veronika, Anna and I went to the football scrimmage at school which was where our school teams played each other as an introduction to the season. Though there were mosquitos everywhere, it was extremely humid and I don't understand the smallest bit about football, it was fun. There's so much school spirit, and apparently there was a bad turnout compared to normal football games. Most of the crowd was wearing an Emmetsburg t-shirt or our school colours; black and yellow.

Aaron, Zach, Maddie, Myself, Jacob, Anna, Veronika &  Elizabeth
As you can see, I'm not very impressed.
Other than that, yesterday (Sunday) we went to Jake's (Anna's boyfriends) church in Mallard for a youth group where we had Tacos for dinner and then had a "crud war". Basically, they poured a whole lot of mushy food onto a slip-n-slide and we were to slide down it. This didn't appeal to me, but I wore older clothes nevertheless. Even though I didn't go on the slip-n-slide, Anna, Jake and Veronika were kind enough to smother me with hugs so I got covered in condiments such as Salad Dressing and food similar to creamed corn. Disgusting. They tried to convince me to slide but I was definatly not going to slide, unless they wanted me to puke on it. Just the smell made me gag a little. I know, I'm a charmer.

After being hosed off and changing clothes, the four of us older kids (Anna, Jake, Veronika and I) went across the road back to Jakes where we watched Kick-Ass. Hilariously violent. Yes, I was watching it legally cause the rating is only R15+ in America. Unfortunately I had a stinging headache and something in my tummy wasn't feeling quite good and I ended up puking after the movie and on the way home. But all is okay now, I'm recovered and happy thanks to a good nights sleep.

All eager to start school sporting my attractive new P.E gear.
Not much is planned for tomorrow and then on Wednesday school is finally starting, I can't wait. Of the people I had lunch with, Mara is a senior and she's going to be in my Physchology class and Critical Thinking class, and both Natalie, who is a Sophmore and Mara are in Concert Choir with me which is good. At least I know some people. 

Over and Out (:

1 comment:

Veronika said...

I can´t believe time passes so fast. Des Moines and the foodslide is such a long time ago. But it was sooo much fun!


NICOLE! I already ate nearly all of my sweets!!