Monday, August 9, 2010

Wal-Mart, Pizza Ranch and Church

In an effort to post more regularly, here I am again. Twice in one week you say? I know! I even amaze myself.


Yesterday (Saturday), Linda, David, Veronika and I headed out to Spencer yesterday on the hunt for cellphones to use, since I can't just buy an American Sim for my NZ phone. That's too easy. It was all good though and very simple surprisingly. Veronika and I were just added to the family plan so we pay $10 a month. Hurrah.


Veronika and I at Burger King.
Before going to US Cellular we went to Burger King for lunch which was my first BK experience in the states. As I'd hardly had time to digest breakfast I wasn't very hungry but this was lunch so I had a Whopper Junior and a small drink. Try a total of $2. I like America. 


Then we went to Wal-Mart. Yay. Just a short trip, but Wal-Mart is always exciting. They sell Miley Cyrus clothes at this Wal-Mart. Save the children, don't let them buy it!


A short trip home, and soon enough Linda and David announced that we were going to Pizza Ranch for dinner. Think an all you can eat buffet, a lot of Pizza, some salad, chicken and good company. Yum.


This morning Veronika and I went to Church with Linda and David, which meant an early rise but I still have packets of New Zealand instant coffee so I was awake. Starting at 9am going for an hour we went to the First United Methodist contemporary service which was so cool. A lot of singing and the usual praise but in a surprisingly fun way. I enjoyed it a lot. During the service Linda introduced Veronika and I to the church and afterwards we had many people coming up and talking to us. Everyone was so friendly!


I love New Zealand AND Vienna.
Tonight Linda's church is having an "Ice cream and Pie social" to raise money to paint the roof so we're off to that which will be cool. I do like ice cream. 


At the moment Veronika, David and I are just watching some criminal programmes on cable. I'm quite enjoying the range of CSI-type programmes that David and Linda enjoy.


That's all for now. Keep smiling (:

1 comment:

Debbie Lamb said...

That's great that you're open to all the experiences they have to offer, and enjoying it!