Thursday, August 19, 2010

Off to the Fair

Swimming with Anna and Jake.
Just a quick post before I'm off to Des Moines to go shopping and then to the fair tomorrow ! 


Since Saturday we haven't done anything outstandingly exciting, been swimming a couple of times, had a tour of the school, watched some movies, further investigated the supermarket and general stores around Emmetsburg and what not. Since Anna had arrived on Sunday evening, Veronika and I have met a couple of her friends who will be at Emmetsburg High this year too which is great. 



Investigating the local Supermarket.
Today, as I mentioned we're going to Des Moines which is about three hours from here I think. We're going shopping a bit when we arrive this afternoon and then we're staying at Heather's (Linda's Daughter's) house overnight to go to the Iowa State Fair on Thursday morning. This is important because Amanda (Linda's Grand-daughter / Heather's daughter) is signing the National Anthem at 9.30am (I think). 


That's all for now. I'll update when I get back from Des Moines (:

3 comments:

Debbie Lamb said...

It's been a few years since you've been to the fair and sounds like a lot of fun! I think you meant to say that Amanda is singing the National Anthem. What a proud moment that will be. Enjoy and I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back to Emmetsburg xxx

Anonymous said...

O___O That packet of M&M's looks so good... I wanna' OMNOMONOMONOM them!


Good to hear you're having fun though! I will keep reading all these posts - I didn't realize you had a blog till just a few moments ago!

Veronika said...

You can´t tell that I love M&Ms. Haha.