Saturday, August 14, 2010

Timetable Alteration. Yes already.

Yesterday David took Veronika and I into school registration to be finally put into classes and our "grade". It was all very exciting.


We are going to be Juniors (in grade 11) which suits us well because we'll be with people our age and since we're only here for 6 months there's not any point to us being Seniors, cause we won't be graduating anyway.


Then was the task of choosing our subjects. I began with a huge list of subjects that interested me. Unfortunately a lot of them clashed or were in Semester Two. Initially I had chosen the minimum amount of subjects (plus P.E and Choir which are 1/2 subjects) but decided to add American Literature because two study periods a day would be a bit boring. So yes, I've already had a timetable alteration. Those familiar with my subject changes will know it's a good sign that I'm happy now, cause at Albany Senior High I changed a bit too many times. 


Eventually, I decided on the following subjects;


Human Relations
American Literature
Practical English
Critical Thinking
Psychology
US History (Compulsory)
(Hopefully the school Councillor will be able to get me into the American Government class instead which I can use as a substitute for US History but I have to wait and see since it's a Senior subject only and the teachers a bit picky about his class apparently)
Choir
P.E (Compulsory)
(both of which are 1/2 subjects, so they alternate. One day I have P.E the other I have choir.)


I could've chosen another subject, but Linda says it's best to keep one 'free period' which I have Study in. It means I go to the study hall and am able to do my homework and catch up on extra classwork which is good. 


The classes are 45 minutes each and we have 8 a day. So every day I have every class, plus either P.E or Choir and a study period. 


I also have my own locker, which I managed to open first time. I was very proud. 


Some time next week we'll go in and have a tour of the school, which'll be good cause I have absolutely no idea where anything is, except the office, lunch / study hall and my locker. 


In extra-curricular news.. We're doing a fall musical ! I'm excited cause it's called "All Shook Up". The principal told us it's based around Elvis songs. I think it'll be a great opportunity to get to know people as well as have some fun and do something I didn't have time to do in Auckland. Needless to say I'm nervous about auditioning. But I'll be happy to be in the chorus.


I was thinking about doing a sport, but in the fall the only sports for girls are either cross country or volleyball, and apparently all the volleyball girls are super competitive and really good. So I won't be doing that. 


But soon there'll be announcements for the swim team which, even though they practice every day after school, I'm interested in joining. Just for something exciting to do that's good exercise. Cause the wii fit isn't really exercise. Even though it says we're burning calories. (Yes, Veronika and I have taken a liking to the Wii, our favourite game is Wii Fit where we do different activities to build muscles and burn calories. Things from juggling to skateboarding, marching, snow ball fighting and yoga. It's definitely fun and good for you.)


That's about it for now, except that on Sunday David is going to pick up Anna, his youngest daughter (18) and she's gonna be here for two weeks which will be cool. She's taking us to the beach on Monday, hopefully we don't get eaten alive by mosquitoes. 


Seeya in a while, Crocodile (:

No comments: